Chinoiserie Twins

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 -


Chinoiserie is so BIG right now! I'm not usually a bandwagon-jump-on-er so I've resisted the urge to buy a few pieces just because "they're in style"... Then I saw these two on craigslist for a price I couldn't pass up.


 I've always liked this silhouette for armchairs. Not sure what it's called, but I like the straight lines and scooped sides.

I wasn't digging the whole "Tommy Bahama wannabe" look, plus this finish was chipping off in a few areas (and not in a cool way). That was easily fixed with some black paint and fun upholstery.




What do you think now? It's a good thing I don't have any black in my house or I would be tempted to keep the pair.


Linking at:

Liz Marie Blog
The Shabby Creek Cottage

t:
Designed Decor
The Shabby NestFurniture Feature Fridays

10 comments

  1. What a great makeover! The fabric you chose is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good, I really like the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are nice! Love the black/white combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great re-do, loving the black and white combo!
    I'm visiting you today from Liz Marie. I hope you get a chance to stop by my blog and leave a comment, too!
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    Spring JOY Frame ~ Printable

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you have done with these! I just bought my own high back rattan chair and am contemplating a whole new look for it! I cant believe that even Ikea has a similar one for $130!? When I spotted on for 15 i grabbed it, despite my husbands complaining. ;) Thanks for inspiring me with your colour selection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your black and white chairs! I"m featuring them in the PoPP Spotlight this week. Thanks for joining the party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post is so informative and makes a very nice image on the topic in my mind. It is the first time I visit your blog, but I was extremely impressed. Keep posting as I am gonna come to read it everyday! Furniture Stores in pune

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very good and informative article indeed. It helps me a lot to enhance my knowledge, I really like the furniture's and i am loving the black and white combo! furniture shops

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.